RE: Problems upgrading from v6.4.2 to v7.0.2

От Fetter, David M
Тема RE: Problems upgrading from v6.4.2 to v7.0.2
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.  I started to look at the
db.out file and I noticed the pg_shadow variables.  When I looked at the
newly built postgres 7.0.2 the usesysid for postgres was the same as the
usesysid for sys_request, one of the new accounts I was moving over.  I
fixed all of the usesysid's in the db.out file to be a few digits away from
the postgres account.  On top of that, however, I was also able to
successfully get rid of the real user accounts and add in generic accounts
that create and control each particular database.  How happy is that?  ;-)
Thanks again.

Oh, but one other question to the group...has anyone experienced any issues
when importing a database out of and older version and into a newer version?
We have several perl script which make modifications to the tables through
apache.  Are there any commands or functions that completely disappear from
the old versions or is there usually some alias built in if a command is
replaced?  We just need to make sure that we won't be losing any of the
functionality before upgrading on the production box.