Re: Forgot to dump old data before re-installing machine

От Stefan Schwarzer
Тема Re: Forgot to dump old data before re-installing machine
Дата
Re: Forgot to dump old data before re-installing machine  ("Scott Marlowe" <scott.marlowe@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
>> When I start the postmaster it seems ok. But there is no process
>> running.
>
> Then it didn't really start successfully.  (Unless you use the -w
> option, "pg_ctl start" just launches the postmaster --- it doesn't
> wait around to see what happens.)  You need to look into the log
> file to see what the problem was.

Ok, it's a bit confusing for a non-admin-user to enter into the pg-
config to find out what parameters one has to uncomment in order to
get the log working. Succeed after some while, got the postmaster
working:

   827  p2  S      0:00.22 /usr/local/bin/postmaster -D /usr/local/
pgsql/data TERM=xterm-color SHELL=/bin/bash USER=postgres
__CF_USER_TEXT_ENCODING=0x1F6:0:0 P
   829  p2  S      0:00.01 postgres: writer process
   830  p2  S      0:00.00 postgres: stats buffer process
   831  p2  S      0:00.00 postgres: stats collector process

What would you recommend now in order to get the data back? I have
postgis data in the databases too, although this is not too important
for me...

Thanks you so much for all your help!

Stef