Re: Postgresql 9.4.1 stuck all queries when making multi updates

От Ilya Bazylchuk
Тема Re: Postgresql 9.4.1 stuck all queries when making multi updates
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
nothing in pgpool. Pgpool use only resque/sidekiq. Rest use unicorn =
directly to master.
1. 45 connections
2. 45 connections
3. 30 connections
4. 10 connections

When connections stucks, growth count connections from unicorn only. =
Seems it not granted locks, but weird that i didn=E2=80=99t have it on =
9.3.

In general didn=E2=80=99t change except new pg servers.

I added log for not granted locks, and in 12 hours got only one, and it =
was short and on another table, which never presented in pg logs. will =
see more.

lock_timeout: 30000
deadlock_timeout: 1s
statement_timeout: 0

I know that set statement_timeout isn=E2=80=99t recommended, but =
what=E2=80=99s better solution, don=E2=80=99t get stuck db?

<nag1010@gmail.com> =D0=BD=D0=B0=D0=BF=D0=B8=D1=81=D0=B0=D0=BB(=D0=B0):
<ilya.bazylchuk@gmail.com <mailto:ilya.bazylchuk@gmail.com>> wrote:
> Before i used 9.3.5 and servers with ubuntu 12 with 32GB memory.
>=20
> After upgrade to 9.4.1, with more power server 60GB memory on each in =
wall replication and ubuntu 14, started get db stucks when run multi =
update from resque/sidekiq background workers. resque/sidekiq work via =
pgpool 3.3
>=20
> Do you see any messages in pgpool logs ?
> =20
> Queries can be as simple, update column where primary id =3D id. and =
complex, doesn't metter. usually average connections about less 300, but =
when queries stucks, count connections grow to maximum and i get
>=20
> LOG:  process 16121 still waiting for ShareLock on transaction =
2448707428 after 1000.121 ms
> DETAIL:  Process holding the lock: 16139. Wait queue: 16121.
> LOG:  process 16146 still waiting for ExclusiveLock on tuple =
(665346,11) of relation 997395 of database 16455 after 1000.102 ms
> DETAIL:  Process holding the lock: 16121. Wait queue: 16146.
> ERROR:  canceling statement due to lock timeout
>=20
> Any idea, how long the locks were hanging in there for ?
> Do you have any SQL timeouts configured in postgresql.conf ?
> =20
> then
>=20
> FATAL:  sorry, too many clients already
> then only restart help, when run restart got this
>=20
> WARNING:  terminating connection because of crash of another server =
process
> DETAIL:  The postmaster has commanded this server process to roll back =
the current transaction and exit, because another server process exited =
abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: src/port/getopt_long.c lossy with arguments having no option characters
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: src/port/getopt_long.c lossy with arguments having no option characters