Re: Rules in views, how to?

От Alban Hertroys
Тема Re: Rules in views, how to?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 6 Jul 2010, at 12:28, Andre Lopes wrote:

> Now I need also to add an INSTEAD UPDATE rule and an INSTEAD DELETE rule, but I have some doubts about it... let me
explain...

> Ok, I need to create an INSTEAD UPDATE rule in this view, but I don't know how to use the clause WHERE in the UPDATE
rule.For example the UPDATE could be done when "WHERE email = 'X' " or "WHERE id = 'Y' ".

> Question: How can I deal with this?

In the WHERE-clause you use the columns from the OLD record that uniquely identify that record.

Alban Hertroys

--
Screwing up is an excellent way to attach something to the ceiling.

!DSPAM:737,4c330b82286211968020069!