Re: PG_DUMP very slow because of STDOUT ??

От Andras Fabian
Тема Re: PG_DUMP very slow because of STDOUT ??
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Something weird about the network stack on the new machine, maybe.
> Have you compared the transfer speeds for Unix-socket and TCP connections?

Hmm, no ... but how do Unix-socket / TCP connections relate to STDOUT here (sorry, maybe this is obvious to some, but
notto me at the moment)?
And doing some profiling came to my mind too, but didn't have much experience in that field until now (at least not on
basicOS related stuff). I might check out oprofile (yes, it seems to exist for Ubuntu) next week (now its time to leave
forthe weekend :-)
And maybe others have some more ideas until then ... (or have experience this or similar weirdness too).

Andras Fabian