PG_VERSION Errors???

От Glerum, Joe - KyEM
Тема PG_VERSION Errors???
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I have just installed the latest non-beta version of Postgres on a RedHat
6.0 server.

I get the following messages on the console:

    No data directory -- can't proceed.
    -bash: 1:command not found
    -bash: 1:command not found
    INIT: Id "pg" respawning to fast: disabled for 5 minutes
    Database system in directory /usr/local/pgsql/data is not compatable
with this version of Postgres, or we are unable to read the PG_VERSION file.
Explanation from the ValidatePgVersion: Version number in file
'/usr/local/pgsql/data/PG_VERSION' should be 6.5, not 6.4.

When I change the 6.4 to 6.5 and restart the postmaster I can't do so with
errors to change it back to 6.4.

Joseph J. Glerum
Systems Support Technician
Ky Division of Emergency Management