Re: [HACKERS] A design for amcheck heapam verification

От Andrey Borodin
Тема Re: [HACKERS] A design for amcheck heapam verification
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi, Peter!

> 8 февр. 2018 г., в 4:56, Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> написал(а):
>
> * Faster modulo operations.
> * Removed sdbmhash().

Thanks! I definitely like how Bloom filter is implemented now.

I could not understand meaning of this, but apparently this will not harm
+    /*
+     * Caller will probably use signed 32-bit pseudo-random number, so hash
+     * caller's value to get 64-bit seed value
+     */
+    filter->seed = DatumGetUInt64(hash_uint32_extended(seed, 0));
I do not see a reason behind hashing the seed.

Also, I'd like to reformulate this paragraph. I understand what you want to say, but the sentence is incorrect.
+ * The Bloom filter behaves non-deterministically when caller passes a random
+ * seed value.  This ensures that the same false positives will not occur from
+ * one run to the next, which is useful to some callers.
Bloom filter behaves deterministically, but differently. This does not ensures any thing, but probably will give
somethingwith hight probability.

Thanks!

Best regards, Andrey Borodin.