Re: Extension Packaging

От David E. Wheeler
Тема Re: Extension Packaging
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Apr 20, 2011, at 8:25 PM, David E. Wheeler wrote:

> Okay. What about building something into PGXS that could handle these kinds of things? I just can't help but wonder
ifthere isn't some better way to do the kinds of things that Daniele and I have resorted to to use a PostgreSQL version
ina conditional in the Makefile. I know *this* much about make, and so am pretty sure that there must be a better way
todo it than the way I am.

Okay, thanks to the feedback from Daniele, and based on your advice, Tom, to maintain explicit migration scripts (at
leastfor now, might use Daniele's script later), I've got the Makefile down to just 25 lines, and other than setting
thename of the extension on the first line, it should just work for any other extension I care to distribute using the
samefile layout.
 https://github.com/theory/pg-semver/blob/master/Makefile

Thanks again for the feedback. Will be polishing this stuff for my PGCon talk on packaging extensions for PGXN.

Best,

David

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: pg_dump --binary-upgrade vs. ALTER TYPE ... DROP ATTRIBUTE
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: pg_dump --binary-upgrade vs. ALTER TYPE ... DROP ATTRIBUTE