Re: Stuck on Foreign Keys

От Michael Glaesemann
Тема Re: Stuck on Foreign Keys
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sep 19, 2007, at 23:13 , Chester wrote:

> ERROR:  insert or update on table "clients" violates foreign key
> constraint "the_title"
> DETAIL:  Key (ticode)=( ) is not present in table "titles".
>
> Sorry, I have no idea where I  am going wrong...Any help would be
> great

You've shown us the errors but not the commands you used that threw
the errors. Show us the exact commands you used along with the errors
so we might see what's going wrong. It looks like you're not
providing a value for ticode when inserting or updating clients, but
that's just a guess.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm seespotcode net