pg_dumpall with flag --no-role-passwords omits roles comments as well

От Bartosz Chroł
Тема pg_dumpall with flag --no-role-passwords omits roles comments as well
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello,
I've tried to dump roles using the following call to pg_dumpall:
pg_dumpall.exe --roles-only --no-role-passwords
However I noticed that comments on roles are also omitted from the dump, as if --no--comments flag was set - but it
wasn't.
When I call `pg_dumpall.exe --roles-only` than it works as expected - both passwords and comments are dumped.

Is it correct behaviour? It doesn't look like to me, but maybe I'm missing something. I've checked PostgreSQL 16.2 (on
Windows11 and Ubuntu 20) and 14.0 (on Windows Server 2019), same everywhere.

Best regards
Bartek

Сообщение: Re: Dropping a temporary view?
Сообщение: Re: Dropping a temporary view?