Re: Connection fails on one system in a address range allowed to connect

От Inzamam Shafiq
Тема Re: Connection fails on one system in a address range allowed to connect
Дата
Список pgsql-general
you need to allow connection from this IP in your pg_hba file and reload the configurations.

From: Johnson, Bruce E - (bjohnson) <Johnson@pharmacy.arizona.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, November 22, 2023 4:27 AM
To: pgsql-general@lists.postgresql.org <pgsql-general@lists.postgresql.org>
Subject: Connection fails on one system in a address range allowed to connect

I am migrating an existing web application from Oracle to postgres and I’m testing the connectivity.

Trying to run a test program (that works on another system in the same subnet!) I get this error:

Error system:

[root@dhbroomscheduling4 ~]# ./pg_test.pl
DBI connect('dbname=webdata;host=dhbpostgres.pharmacy.arizona.edu;port=5432','trav',...) failed: FATAL:  password authentication failed for user "trav"
FATAL:  no pg_hba.conf entry for host "150.135.124.50", user "trav", database "webdata", no encryption at ./pg_test.pl line 8.

Working system:

[root@avipg perl]# ./pg_test.pl
Sector Alpha Crucis has 44 worlds
Sector Antares has 37 worlds
Sector Core has 221 worlds …

(The test dataset is a collection of mapping data for an old RPG game)

Note the pg_test.pl script was copied from the working server to the non working one.

The pg_hba.conf on the server includes this which should encompass all systems in this VLAN

# external 'OldMTM' site range
hostssl all all 150.135.124.0/25 password

Another system in the same address range is working just fine with the identical setup, in fact it’s in production without issues.

Both systems are running Rocky Linux 9, using the perl DBI interface with DBD::Pg all installed from the Rocky Linux repositories.

Firewall settings, Perl version, env variables etc are the same on both client hosts

I know the password is correct because I just successfully logged in on the server with psql -U trav -d webdata -W  and used the password in the connect statement in the script.

Anywhere else that I should look for a cause?

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona