RE: Autovacuum not functioning for large tables but it is working for few other small tables.

От M Tarkeshwar Rao
Тема RE: Autovacuum not functioning for large tables but it is working for few other small tables.
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

Hi all,

We have facing some discrepancy in Postgresql database related to the autovacuum functionality.

By default autovacuum was enable on Postgres which is used to remove the dead tuples from the database.

We have observed autovaccum cleaning dead rows from table_A but same was not functioning correctly for  table_B which have a large size(100+GB) in comparision to table_A.

All the threshold level requirements for autovacuum was meet and there are about Million’s of  dead tuples but autovacuum was unable to clear them, which cause performance issue on production server.

Is autovacuum not working against large sized tables or Is there any parameters which  need to set to make autovacuum functioning?

Any suggestions?

Regards

Tarkeshwar