RE: Partition pruning with joins

От Ehrenreich, Sigrid
Тема RE: Partition pruning with joins
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hi David,

Thanks a lot for your response.

> If there was some way to make a parameterised nested loop more favourable, then that might help you.
Setting enable_hashjoin=OFF sped up the execution, but unfortunately we have not means to inject this into to
application☹

> That would require an index on fact(part_key),
I have tried this with our real data, but the index is not used (because another condition in our where clause is
chosento filter the data instead of the part_key). I have left this out of my posted testcase, to keep down the
complexityof the testcase (I hope this is understandable, English is not my native language 😉).

Regards,
Sigrid