Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: PQcancel does not use tcp_user_timeout, connect_timeout and keepalive settings

От Jelte Fennema
Тема Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: PQcancel does not use tcp_user_timeout, connect_timeout and keepalive settings
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I was able to spend some time on this again. I attached two patches to this email:

The first patch is a cleaned up version of my previous patch. I think I addressed
all feedback on the previous version in that patch (e.g. removed windows code,
fixed formatting).

The second patch is a new one, it implements honouring of the connect_timeout
connection option in PQcancel. This patch requires the first patch to also be applied,
but since it seemed fairly separate and the code is not trivial I didn't want the first
patch to be blocked on this.

Finally, I would love it if once these fixes are merged the would also be backpatched to
previous versions of libpq. Does that seem possible? As far as I can tell it would be fine,
since it doesn't really change any of the public APIs. The only change is that the pg_cancel
struct now has a few additional fields. But since that struct is defined in libpq-int.h, so that
struct should not be used by users of libpq directly, right?.
Вложения