PG13 partitioned table logical replication

От Nicolas Sornin
Тема PG13 partitioned table logical replication
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Dear community,

I just made some test of upcoming version of porstgresql, especially the ability to publish partitioned table via root partition.

I tried to setup PG13 to PG12 replication with different partitioning schemes.

My first attempt was to replicate time partitioned table in PG13 cluster to a regular table in PG12 cluster, but after looking at the logs I saw the following error :

2020-09-09 12:21:33.964 CEST [22976] LOG:  logical replication table synchronization worker for subscription "rep_part_sub", table "stock_sales" has started

2020-09-09 12:21:33.997 CEST [22976] ERROR:  table "public.stock_sales" not found on publisher

2020-09-09 12:21:33.999 CEST [20346] LOG:  background worker "logical replication worker" (PID 22976) exited with exit code 1

While not being aware of underlying mechanics of logical replication, I was expecting this use case to work given table names and column names/types are the same on both sides.

Is this the intended behavior and simply out of the scope of the changes introduced by PG13 ?

Thank you,

Best regards,

Nicolas SORNIN
IT Team Lead

This email message as well as all attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.

If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. Thank you.