Most effective and fast way to load few Tbyte of data from flat files into postgresql

От Dirk Krautschick
Тема Most effective and fast way to load few Tbyte of data from flat files into postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

what would be the fastest or most effective way to load few (5-10) TB of data from flat files into
a postgresql database, including some 1TB tables and blobs?

There is the copy command but there is no way for native parallelism, right? I have found pg_bulkload
but haven't tested it yet. As far I can see EDB has its EDB*Loader as a commercial option.

Anything else to recommend?

Thanks and best regards

Dirk