Backup Restore from other node after switchover/failover

От Dirk Krautschick
Тема Backup Restore from other node after switchover/failover
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Hi,

haven’t tested it yet but maybe I can get a quick answer here.

We have discussed the following scenario.

Few nodes as streaming replication cluster all in sync with taking backup

only from one dedicated node. Now that node which is responsible for the backups

goes down. For sure I have a full backup taken from that crashed node

some time ago but now this node is gone and I have to take care for a

restore for some reason.

Am I able to make a full restore with that last backup from the offline node

to any other still existing node with Recovering the archived WAL from the new

selected node if I have activated archive_mode as “always”?

Or is it strictly necessary to create a new full backup from the new node

which is responsible for the backups after the failover or maybe after a

Switchover, too?

Thanks and best regards

Dirk