pg_dump feature request: Exclude tables?

От Glen Parker
Тема pg_dump feature request: Exclude tables?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> No, we have:
>
>     * Allow pg_dump to use multiple -t and -n switches
>
>       This should be done by allowing a '-t schema.table' syntax.
>
> but that doesn't have the exclude option.  We had a patch that
> implemented an exclude but got confused over how it would interact with
> the schema switch and stuff.  However, with the new  '-t schema.table'
> syntax we might be able to get it working.

Hmm, while you're at it, maybe you could make it accept wild
cards or regexp or something :-)  That should allow you to toss
the -n parameter altogether (schema.*) if you wanted to.

It would also be at least as good, IMO, to accept only one -t
option, re-defined as a comma-seperated list of names...  And an
exlusion parameter defined the same way.

Glen Parker
glenebob@nwlink.com