BUG: 8.0 beta1 does not run on Windows 2000 Terminal Server

От Glen Parker
Тема BUG: 8.0 beta1 does not run on Windows 2000 Terminal Server
Дата
Список pgsql-general
8.0 beta1 does not run on Windows 2000 Terminal Server.

This is the http://pgfoundry.org/projects/pginstaller/ download from
08/09/2004.  It ran OK for me on Win2K Pro, so I suspect this is caused by
the terminal server stuff; I have experienced differences in shared memory
code between terminal server and non terminal server in the past.

postmaster throws this error immediately.

FATAL: could not create shared memory segment: No error
DETAIL: Failed system call was shmget(key=5432001, size=10731520, 03600).

(BTW, trying to get PG running under Windows has reminded me how absolutely
horrid cmd.exe is :-(  )