Re: Feature freeze date for 8.1

От Alvar Freude
Тема Re: Feature freeze date for 8.1
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

-- Dennis Bjorklund <db@zigo.dhs.org> wrote:

> The tcp hackers have provided an api for clients to set these values per
> socket (setsockopt with TCP_KEEPIDLE and similar (in linux at least)).

you can use SO_KEEPALIVE:
  [...] SO_KEEPALIVE enables  the periodic transmission of messages on a connected socket.  Should the  connected party
failto respond to these messages, the connection is con-  sidered broken and processes using the socket are notified
viaa SIGPIPE  signal when attempting to send data.

For me it seems to be a good idea to support this. For the applications
(server, client) it is transparent, but notices a cutted or broken network
connection faster then before...

But even with this you only realise that the connection is gone when sending
something, AFAIK.

Ciao Alvar

--
Alvar C.H. Freude -- http://alvar.a-blast.org/
http://odem.org/

Сообщение: Re: Feature freeze date for 8.1