Re: Why must AUTOCOMMIT be ON to do txn control in plpgsql procedure?

От Bryn Llewellyn
Тема Re: Why must AUTOCOMMIT be ON to do txn control in plpgsql procedure?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Yes, I do believe that I understand this. But there’s no getting away from the fact that the AUTOCOMMIT mode, and what this implies, is a server-side phenomenon—at least as several PostgreSQL experts have assured me. For example, when you use client-side Python with the psycopg2 driver, then once you’ve done “my_session = psycopg2.connect(connect_str)”, you can then do “my_session.set_session(autocommit=False)”. And then everything we’ve been saying in the psql context now applies in that context—yes?

B.t.w., I’m guessing that the “begin” SQL command that you see in the log that I mentioned is actually issued by (some) clients—at least psql and Python-on-psycopg2—as an explicit call from the client. In other words, it isn’t the server that generates this. Does anyone know for sure how this works?