Where to find libpq.lib? Or How to link to libpq using windows VS

От Crystal BEWZA
Тема Where to find libpq.lib? Or How to link to libpq using windows VS
Дата
Список pgsql-novice

Hello,
I am trying to develop a windows C++ client for PostgreSQL (v8.3.7) using the libpq library.  I am using Visual Studio 2003.

My problem is that I am unable to find libpq.lib or the libpq-fe.h in the files installed on my machine with the prebuilt binary package.  Was this some sort of installation error or were these files not included in the binary release?  I am however able to find the libpq.dll.  Is there a simple way to use this .dll file to link my c++ program?  I have tried a couple of work arounds for this but I suspect there is a straightforward answer that might not be clear to me as a newbie postgres user.

In addition, because I was unsuccessful at using the .dll file provided by the prebuilt binary package I also tried following the "Building libpq with Visual C++ or Borland C++" instructions in section 16.2 of the documentation but I am unsuccessful with this as well.  This is the error I get.

C:\PostgreSQL\postgresql-8.3.7\src>nmake /f win32.mak

Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 7.10.3077
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

        cd include
        if not exist pg_config.h copy pg_config.h.win32 pg_config.h
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'if' : return code '0x1'
Stop.

I hope that I have provided you enough information.  Any guidance is appreciated.

Sincerely,
Crystal Bewza