Re: How different is AWS-RDS postgres?

От Philip Semanchuk
Тема Re: How different is AWS-RDS postgres?
Дата
Re: How different is AWS-RDS postgres?  (Rob Sargent <robjsargent@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general

> On May 26, 2021, at 10:04 PM, Rob Sargent <robjsargent@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On May 26, 2021, at 4:37 PM, Ian Harding <harding.ian@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> There is an option to send the logs to cloudwatch which makes it less awful to look at them.
> I have that but precious little of interest there. Lots of autovac, a smattering of hints to increase wal size!?  I
haveyet to spot anything which corresponds to the “I/O failure” which the middle ware gets.

> I don’t have query logging on, but I do see reports from my psql session fat-fingering.
>
> As to the logs UI, the search is pretty feeble; I don’t understand why there are four  channels of logs; the graphs
arewearing the same rose-coloured as the logs.
> And 24 hours without a peep from AWS support. (I don’t call mailing me what I sent them “contact”.)
>
> My guess right now is that the entire tomcat connection pool is in a single transaction? That’s the only way the
tablescould disappear.  I am making separate calls to JDBC getConnection () for each doPost.

We used Aurora (AWS hosted Postgres) and I agree that Cloudwatch search is pretty limited. I wrote a Python script to
downloadcloudwatch logs to my laptop where I can use proper tools like grep to search them. It’s attached to this
email.It’s hacky but not too terrible. I hope you find it useful.

Cheers
Philip

Вложения

От: Rob Sargent
Сообщение: Re: How different is AWS-RDS postgres?
От: Rob Sargent
Сообщение: Re: How different is AWS-RDS postgres?