[GENERAL] How to add columns to view with dependencies

От Guyren Howe
Тема [GENERAL] How to add columns to view with dependencies
Дата
Re: [GENERAL] How to add columns to view with dependencies  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Re: [GENERAL] How to add columns to view with dependencies  (Karsten Hilbert <Karsten.Hilbert@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-general
Seems like a simple question, but I’ve never found a good answer to this and similar issues.

I would think it was safe to let me add columns to a view on which other views depend, but Postgres won’t let me.

I can imagine ways of sort-of dealing with this. I might maintain a SQL file with views to create in a suitable order, Then I could drop all views, edit the definition of one, then run the file, but this is awfully tedious.

What is best practice in this situation?