Re: Improving psql's \password command

От Bossart, Nathan
Тема Re: Improving psql's \password command
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 11/12/21, 11:58 AM, "Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Right, it makes sense to consider just this much as the back-patchable
> part, and leave the more complicated messing with simple_prompt()
> for HEAD only.  I made a couple further cosmetic tweaks and pushed it.

Here is an attempt at adding control-C support for \password.  With
this patch, we pass sigint_interrupt_jmp and sigint_interrupt_enabled
all the way down to pg_get_line_append(), which is admittedly a bit
more complicated than I think would be ideal.  I see a couple of other
calls to simple_prompt() (e.g., \prompt and \connect), and I think the
same infrastructure could be used for those as well.  I'll send some
follow-up patches for those if this approach seems reasonable.

Nathan

Вложения