Re: Using YY-MM-DD date input

От Heath Tanner
Тема Re: Using YY-MM-DD date input
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Friday, July 25, 2003, at 04:02  PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Does anyone use YY-MM-DD for date input?
>
> Right now, it only works mostly for pre-2000 dates because we can
> detect
> that 97-02-03 is a year, while we can not detect that in 03-02-01.
>
> We are considering eliminating it for 7.4.  You can still use
> yyyy-mm-dd, or course.

Does this apply to MM/DD/YY as well, or just the YY-MM-DD variation?

I still have to deal with data (from mainframes) which has some
dates in MM/DD/YY format, and will have to for the foreseeable
future.

But I always load that type of data into a temp table of text
columns and "convert" it with a view. As long as I can still CAST a
YY-MM-DD (actually MM/DD/YY) to a valid date then this would not be
a problem for me.

I wouldn't be happy to see it dropped (because I know I'll continue
to have to deal with data with 2-digit years), but I can get around
it.

-heath