Re: BUG #17796: pgcrypto undecryptable blowfish data previous stored with openssl 1.1.1 with builtin decrypter one

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: BUG #17796: pgcrypto undecryptable blowfish data previous stored with openssl 1.1.1 with builtin decrypter one
Дата
Ответ на BUG #17796: pgcrypto undecryptable blowfish data previous stored with openssl 1.1.1 with builtin decrypter one  (PG Bug reporting form <noreply@postgresql.org>)
Ответы Re: BUG #17796: pgcrypto undecryptable blowfish data previous stored with openssl 1.1.1 with builtin decrypter one  ("agharta82@gmail.com" <agharta82@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs
> On 15 Feb 2023, at 13:15, PG Bug reporting form <noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:

> So, the problem seems that the builtin bf cipher implementation cannot
> decode the openssl one.

The internal implementation only support $2a$ hashes, are the OpenSSL hashes
$2b$ by any chance? The prefix of the hash includes this version number.

There is a patch floating around for improving blowfish support in pgcrypto but
it hasn't made its way in.

> Side note: if I enable legacy mode in openssl3 all works fine and pgcrypto
> use the openssl chiper, oblivious.
>
> Can it be solved?

If you relied on Blowfish in OpenSSL 1.1.1 then enabling the legacy provider in
OpenSSL 3.x, or downgrading to OpenSSL 1.1.1 is a solution.

--
Daniel Gustafsson