MS-QUERY / Postgresql ODBC driver incompatibility

От Info Agipa
Тема MS-QUERY / Postgresql ODBC driver incompatibility
Дата
Re: MS-QUERY / Postgresql ODBC driver incompatibility  (Nils Gösche <cartan@cartan.de>)
Список pgsql-odbc
Hello.

I've found a problem in using the postgresql ODBC driver with MS-QUERY.
MS-Query is the tool included in Microsoft Office to access db in excel.

If I type in ms-query :
select code as groupe_clients, libelle
from groupes_clients

I have an error message. After some search, it appears that postgresql receive :
select code as 'groupe_clients', libelle
from groupe_clients

But postgresql don't want ' but double quote " in the as part.

MS-Query doesn't include a parameter to change this.

It seems to be a ms-query bug...

If no solution exists, I think it's a good idea to include an alert in the faq
(http://psqlodbc.projects.pgfoundry.org/faq.html)

As I have searching for a loooong time on google to see what I can make to fix this.
Am I the only one wich access to postgresql in excel using ms-query and with as clause ?

my ODBC driver version : 8.03.02.00
my PostgreSQL database version : 8.4.16

Thanks for your attention.

Sylvain Fauveau