Re: PostgreSQL locking from PHP scripts

От Gavin M. Roy
Тема Re: PostgreSQL locking from PHP scripts
Дата
Список pgsql-php
Well you can use persistent connections.  Instead of pg_connect use
pg_pconnect.   I don't know if it will keep the lock or not, I've not
tested, but it seems like you'd need a pretty elaborate connection
management setup to make sure you're locking and unlocking the
records for the right client.

On Nov 6, 2006, at 11:05 AM, Alan Hodgson wrote:

> On Thursday 26 October 2006 11:11, Amal burman
> <amalburman@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> postgresql database for this project. Here script one
>> (booking.php) tries to setup a lock for update and ask
>> user to fill-up the form. Now when the user fill-up
>> the form and submit it for update, second script
>> (update.php) update the database and releasing the
>> locks.
>
> You can't do this kind of thing in PHP.  PHP resets the database
> connection
> between scripts.   The script is finished as soon as the page is
> delivered
> to the client.
>
> Also, web connections are stateless and there is no way to even
> know what
> web server process or database connection you'll be getting on
> subsequent
> page views.
>
> --
> "It is a besetting vice of democracies to substitute public opinion
> for
> law." - James Fenimore Cooper

В списке pgsql-php по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL locking from PHP scripts
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL locking from PHP scripts