Re: Connect to Postgres 7.4 via ODBC SOLVED!!!!!

От Nadia Kunkov
Тема Re: Connect to Postgres 7.4 via ODBC SOLVED!!!!!
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Well, here is the simple solution to my problem:
Turn the firewall down!!!!
The firewall was doing what it was supposed to do....
Thanks for all your help.
NK

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org]On Behalf Of Nadia Kunkov
Sent: Tuesday, December 14, 2004 4:55 PM
To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: [GENERAL] Connect to Postgres 7.4 via ODBC

Hi all,

After wasting about half a day I thought I'd ask you for help.
I have Fedora Core 3 box that came with postgresql 7.4.6 installed.
Locally I have no problems connecting to the database and running psql.
I need to set up an ODBC connection from my Windows box.
Here is what I've done:

1.    In postgresql.conf
        tcpip_socket = true
(By the way does this eliminate the need to start postgres with -i option, see item 3 below ?)

2.    in pg_hba.conf

    local     all    all            trust
    host    all    all     10.1.9.0        255.255.255.0    trust
    host     all    all    127.0.0.1    255.255.255.255    trust

The ip address of the windows box is 10.1.9.15 and ip address of the server is 10.1.9.27

3.    in /etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql

    su -l postgres -s /bin/sh -c"/usr/bin/pg_ctl -D $PGDATA -o '-i' -p /usr/bin/postmaster start > /dev/null 2>&1
"</dev/null
Note, I do have -i option.

4.  I ran netstat -na | grep 5432  and it tells me that postgres is listening on that port.

Every time I try to connect via ODBC from windows I get an error:
Could  not connect to the server
Could not connect to remote socket

I'd appreciate any help.
Thank you