Re: Seq scans roadmap

От CK Tan
Тема Re: Seq scans roadmap
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Sorry, I should have been clearer. I meant because we need to check
for trigger firing pre/post insertion, and the trigger definitions
expect tuples to be inserted one by one, therefore we cannot insert N-
tuples at a time into the heap. Checking for triggers itself is not
taking up much CPU at all. If we could predetermine that there is not
any triggers for a relation, inserts into that relation could then
follow a different path that inserts N-tuples at a time.

Regards,
-cktan