Re: PostgreSQL's handling of fsync() errors is unsafe and risks data loss at least on XFS

От Mark Dilger
Тема Re: PostgreSQL's handling of fsync() errors is unsafe and risks data loss at least on XFS
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Apr 9, 2018, at 10:26 AM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:

> We have plenty of YEARS of people not noticing this issue

I disagree.  I have noticed this problem, but blamed it on other things.
For over five years now, I have had to tell customers not to use thin
provisioning, and I have had to add code to postgres to refuse to perform
inserts or updates if the disk volume is more than 80% full.  I have lost
count of the number of customers who are running an older version of the
product (because they refuse to upgrade) and come back with complaints that
they ran out of disk and now their database is corrupt.  All this time, I
have been blaming this on virtualization and thin provisioning.

mark

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Runtime Partition Pruning
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Runtime Partition Pruning