Re: Field sizes and structure

От Williams, Travis L, NPONS
Тема Re: Field sizes and structure
Дата
Список pgsql-general
do a \h on alter table (in psql) and you will get a big list of examples
of how to alter a table.. so you can change it from say varchar(5) to
varchar(25).. I don't think you order matters as you can select what you
want.. and what order during the select statement.. so if you have
columns a,b,c,d and you want the order to be c,b,a,d just do a select
c,b,a,d from whatver and thats the order you will get your information
in..

Travis

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Fitzpatrick [mailto:robert@webtent.com]
Sent: Monday, December 09, 2002 3:44 PM
To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: [GENERAL] Field sizes and structure

This is my first message to the list, I hope it is not so simple that it
offends anyone, but the 2 books I have do not seem to answer the
questions I have and searching different archives seem to present
thousands of posts to review.

If possible, once a table is created, how can a field size be changed?
And also, the field position in the table? Not that I've had a need for
position and can't thing of why it would matter, just thought I'd add
that one to see if it is possible in the future.

Thanks,

Robert