Re: pg_checksums?

От Paul Förster
Тема Re: pg_checksums?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Bruce, hi Daniel,

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/560A2239-5DE2-4B9C-92BC-878C6822F47C%40yesql.se#10b665b2193445a3d7f24be7917a952c

> Yeah, it was a big surprise that this feature was so hard to implement
> because we have _no_ infrastructure for having multiple data layouts
> active in a live system.  The discussion eventually made that clear.
>
> If we have more features that need this kind of dynamic ability, we
> might revisit this feature too.

Ok, I see.

But unfortunately still, my questions c) and d) are unanswered. I'd especially be interested in an answer to c), i.e.
isit *safe* to "pg_checksum -e" the replica instance in a patroni cluster, switch over, and then do the other one?

Cheers
Paul