Re: Debug works, Release not

От Jasmin Dizdarevic
Тема Re: Debug works, Release not
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers

2011/1/7 Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org>
On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 7:30 PM, Jasmin Dizdarevic
> here is the patch, that enables UI for pgAgent 4.

Cool!

> It would be great if somebody could try to build in Release mode.
> The UI should work with pgAgent schema version 3 - if not, please tell me.

It doesn't. See the attached screenshot for the error seen upon
connection. Further errors when checking opening the new job dialogue,
then a crash. It shouldn't take much effort to figure out I imagine
:-)

Great that you've tested it on Mac OS. I've used an uninitialized int-variable that doesn't behaves like on windows. that's the reason for the error's. It's already fixed.

> Please tell me also, if I have violated coding policies or something else.

Actually, it looks pretty clean to me. A good first-ever patch, style
wise and architecturally.

Thanks, pgAdmin's architecture is clean and it's pretty easy to start with it.

> To test the new features, you can apply attached pgagent_upgrade.sql.

You're missing a ; in there on line 19, and have terminated lines 27 -
29 with , instead of ;.

OK.

Fixing that, and I can see the new UI without any errors, however, I
cannot test it without an agent. Actually, that's pretty annoying -
currently I can configure my jobs before I setup my agent, but with
this change, I can no longer do that, because the agents need to have
registered their email capability in the database already. I'm not
sure that's behaviour that is desirable... but it becomes irrelevant
if we fully integrate the SMTP code as discussed.

I'm still waiting for the authorization :(

Regards
--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com