Re: Why don't we accept exponential format for integers?

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Why don't we accept exponential format for integers?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 7:35 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:

>> Well, maybe. Also, giving the sort of feedback Josh seems to want
>> probably would not be nearly as easy as he seems to think, ISTM.
>
> Oh, I don't think it would be easy.  I can't think, right now, of a good
> way to do it.

I mean, it wouldn't be enormously difficult to look for something of
the form \d+(\.\d+)?e\d+ and give a different error message for that
case, like "scientific notation is not allowed for integer inputs",
but I don't think it's really worth it.  A person who can't figure it
out without that is probably more confused than we're going to be able
to fix with a one-line error message.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Сообщение: Re: Tab completion for ALTER ... SET SCHEMA
Сообщение: Re: Tab completion for ALTER ... SET SCHEMA