Re: Synchronous replication patch built on SR

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: Synchronous replication patch built on SR
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 4:59 PM, Heikki Linnakangas
> BTW, What I'd like to see as a very first patch first is to change the
> current poll loops in walreceiver and walsender to, well, not poll.
> That's a requirement for synchronous replication, is very useful on its
> own, and requires a some design and implementation effort to get right.
> It would be nice to get that out of the way before/during we discuss the
> more user-visible behavior.

Yeah, we should wake up the walesender from sleep to send WAL data
as soon as it's flushed. But why do we need to change the loop of
walreceiver? Or you mean changing the poll loop in the startup process?

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center