Re: hstores in pl/python

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: hstores in pl/python
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 10:00 AM, Dimitri Fontaine
<dimitri@2ndquadrant.fr> wrote:
>> Well then we need a reliable way to identify a type.  What would satisfy you?
>
> An oid ?

Wrong probem.  What we need is a way to identify a type without
knowing in advance what its OID is.  In other words, we need to
distinguish between the hstore type that is shipped in contrib, and
some stupid DBA who types "CREATE DOMAIN hstore as text".

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company