Re: security label support, revised

От Gurjeet Singh
Тема Re: security label support, revised
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 3:22 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 8:03 AM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
> On tis, 2010-09-28 at 13:53 +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 13:50, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 3:57 AM, Shigeru HANADA

>> > Woops.  Thanks for the report, fixed.  I wish we had a regression test
>> > that would catch these mistakes.  It's easy to forget to run this
>> > script.
>>
>> Could we run the script as part of the regression tests? :-)
>>
>> Or if not, could we have the buildfarm run it?
>
> I think it should actually be run as part of the regular build.  Ever
> since I started using git and developing like 10 features at once, and
> other people doing the same, the chances of (hidden) OID conflicts is
> growing immensely.

Injecting nonessential checks into the build process doesn't seem like
a good idea to me.  Typing 'make' should just do the build.  If you
want to check for breakage, well, that's what 'make check' is for.

How about having git-hooks execute the script on specific action of our choice? pre-commit hook sounds like a good place to check for this.

Regards,

(I don't have the complete context of this thread, so please ignore my ignorance)
--
gurjeet.singh
@ EnterpriseDB - The Enterprise Postgres Company

singh.gurjeet@{ gmail | yahoo }.com