Re: Tags missing from GIT mirror?

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Tags missing from GIT mirror?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 8:27 PM, Florian Pflug <fgp@phlo.org> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I just tried to checkout REL9_0_BETA1 from my local clone of the GIT repository at git.postgresql.org and discovered
thatnone of the tags from CVS seem to exist in there. For alpha1 to alpha1 each tag is accompanied by a corresponding
brach,and those *do* exist on the GIT mirror. For beta1, however, no branch seems to exist, and hence there is no trace
ofit on the GIT mirror.

> Why is there a branch plus a tag for alphas, but only a tag for betas? I'd have assumed that both would just be tags,
butobviously I'm missing something there...

I think we branched the alphas so we could version-stamp them while
keeping HEAD as "9.0devel". But when we switch to beta, we don't have
a devel tree anymore, it's just beta and backbranches.

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: max_standby_delay considered harmful
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: weird hang while running in HS mode