Re: Nested literal parsing rules?

От Maciek Sakrejda
Тема Re: Nested literal parsing rules?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> The record and array escaping rules are here:
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/static/rowtypes.html#AEN7091
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/static/arrays.html#ARRAYS-IO
> and I think the hstore rules are spelled out in the docs for that
> contrib module.

Thanks, that helped a lot. I think I was going off of what I read in
Section 8.15.2, but 8.15.5 is much more helpful. Should have kept
reading. And I just realized I'd been doubling backslashes too many
times for standard_conforming_strings, which certainly didn't help
things.

> Neither record nor hstore quote exactly like arrays, so that's probably
> part of your problem.  (No doubt it'd be better if they did, but we've
> got too much historical baggage :-()

I understand completely.

Thanks for your help,
---
Maciek Sakrejda | System Architect | Truviso

1065 E. Hillsdale Blvd., Suite 215
Foster City, CA 94404
(650) 242-3500 Main
www.truviso.com