Re: hstores in pl/python

От Dmitriy Igrishin
Тема Re: hstores in pl/python
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
There are a lot of operators and functions to work with hstore.
Does it worth it to implement similar things only to make it
possible using operator [] ?

2010/12/13 Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com>

>> name and interface - hstore is designed as external module - a
>> internal class can be designed different.
> Could you actually name such a difference rather than pointing to some airily
> hint of one? That would make it way much easier to see where you want to go.

My idea is:

somevar['key'] = value
value = somevar['key'];
What type of <value> is? Can it be assoc. array ?
Is it possible to indexing assoc. array by position ?
Any many many other questions can be there. So,
I don't think that assoc. arrays has common interface.
Its still specialized type.
But, Pavel, I feel you idea. You want to make the syntax
clear in particular...

or with constructor

somevar = ARRAY[key1 => value1, key2 => value2, .. ]

or some similar.

Regards

Pavel Stehule

--