Re: ERROR: character 0xe3809c of encoding "UTF8" has no equivalent in EUC_JP

От Itagaki Takahiro
Тема Re: ERROR: character 0xe3809c of encoding "UTF8" has no equivalent in EUC_JP
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 10:58, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@postgresql.org> wrote:
> So if we want to do a round trip conversion between
> EUC-JP and UTF-8, we have to choose either U+FF5E OR U+301C. We have
> chosen U+FF5E. If we change the mapping, many existing applications
> would break.

I heard a request a few times for an additional one-directional conversion
from U+301C to EUC-JP (0xa1c1). It should not break existing applications.
We already have non-round trip conversions for IBM and NEC extended
characters in SJIS. The policy seems not so strict for me.

Anyway, we might need to revisit the area in the near term for unicode
Emoji issue.

--
Itagaki Takahiro