Re: [v9.1] Add security hook on initialization of instance

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [v9.1] Add security hook on initialization of instance
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
2010/6/14 KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@ak.jp.nec.com>:
> (2010/06/15 9:22), Robert Haas wrote:
>> 2010/6/14 KaiGai Kohei<kaigai@ak.jp.nec.com>:
>>> On the hook, I'd like to obtain security context of the client process
>>> which connected to the PostgreSQL instance. It is not available at the
>>> _PG_init() phase, because clients don't connect yet.
>>
>> Can't you just call getpeercon() the first time you need the context
>> and cache it in a backend-local variable?  Then you don't need a hook
>> at all.
>>
> I've tried to implement my earlier version in this idea.
> As long as getpeercon() performs correctly, it will work well.
> But, if it returns an error due to the system configuration,
> the security module cannot continue to make access control
> decision anymore, although client can open the connection already.
>
> I think this kind of initialization should be also done at
> the initialization of backend, then it disconnect immediately
> if something troubled.

I think if getpeercon() fails you can just throw ERROR or FATAL at
that point.  Until the user does something that requires a valid
security context, there's no reason to terminate the session if they
don't have one.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company

Сообщение: Re: [v9.1] Add security hook on initialization of instance
Сообщение: Re: [v9.1] Add security hook on initialization of instance