Re: Pooling in Core WAS: Need help in performance tuning.

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Pooling in Core WAS: Need help in performance tuning.
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 5:29 PM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
>> The problem is harder for us because a backend can't switch identities
>> once it's been assigned to a database.  I haven't heard an adequate
>> explanation of why that couldn't be changed, though.
> Possibly it might decrease the performance significantly enough by
> reducing the cache locality (syscache, prepared plans)?

Those things are backend-local.  The worst case scenario is you've got
to flush them all when you reinitialize, in which case you still save
the overhead of creating a new process.  The best case scenario is
that you can keep some of them around, in which case, great.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company

Сообщение: Re: Pooling in Core WAS: Need help in performance tuning.
Сообщение: Re: Pooling in Core WAS: Need help in performance tuning.