Re: .gitignore patch for coverage builds

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: .gitignore patch for coverage builds
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 7:38 PM, Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 2:41 PM, Alvaro Herrera
> <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
>> Excerpts from Tom Lane's message of mié ene 26 19:20:52 -0300 2011:

>>> Tying /coverage to the root as in his V2 makes that better,
>>
>> Hmm, I don't think that works, because you can run "make coverage" in
>> any subdir and it will create a "coverage" subdir there.
>
> I like being told that I have a coverage directory outstanding when I
> run "git status".
>
> The hundreds of other files, not so much.
>

>>> but I'm
>>> still unexcited about the thesis that we should auto-ignore the results
>>> of any random tool somebody wants to run in their source tree.
>>
>> Well, in this case it's not any random tool, because it's integrated
>> into our makefiles.
>
> I agree.  Should this be added to commit-fest 2011-Next?

I think there's little reason not to go ahead and commit this now.
It's a trivial patch, Tom is the only one objecting, and there are at
least four votes on the other side.  The only question in my mind is
whether we ought to try to ignore the coverage directories, or just
the other glob patterns.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company