Re: BUG #5719: Constraint Problem

От Alex Hunsaker
Тема Re: BUG #5719: Constraint Problem
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 12:03, Alex Hunsaker <badalex@gmail.com> wrote:
> Or if you just want the not null constraints:
> create table kittu1 (like kota1 including constraints);

Correction, the above should read: "Or, if you want check
constraints".  Not null constraints are always copied, and including
constraints only deals with check constraints.

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 22:01, KOTAPATI KRISHNAIAH
<kotapati.krishna@hotmail.com> wrote:

[ Example shrunk ]
> CREATE TABLE cons
> (
>   id integer NOT NULL primary key,
> );
>
> The above cons table already existed.
> when i'm creating  the above same structure of table by using below this
> Query i'm not getting constraints ...
>
> create table vijju1(like cons including constraints);
>
> CREATE TABLE vijju1
> (
>   id integer NOT NULL,
> );

Or in other words create table like is not copying the primary key
constraint.  The simple answer is to use "including indexes".

There is quite a bit of discussion on this, some interesting points:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2009-12/msg02018.php

and a long thread with a patch...:
http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/CREATE-TABLE-LIKE-INCLUDING-INDEXES-support-td2220980.html

The sad news is I dont think anything appened for 8.4 or 9.0.