Re: Creation of temporary tables on read-only standby servers

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: Creation of temporary tables on read-only standby servers
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 3:45 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Relcache entries alone are not gonna work.  There is way too much stuff
> that assumes that tables are correctly represented in the system
> catalogs.

Well we're talking about multiple things now. In the global temporary
table case they *are* properly represented in the system catalogs.
Except for their local state such as the actual relfilenode all the
structural attributes are going to be accurate.

In the case of tables created locally on a slave, well, that's more complicated.

--
greg

Сообщение: Re: patch: Add JSON datatype to PostgreSQL (GSoC, WIP)
Сообщение: Re: patch: Add JSON datatype to PostgreSQL (GSoC, WIP)