Re: pg_execute_from_file, patch v10

От Itagaki Takahiro
Тема Re: pg_execute_from_file, patch v10
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 03:42, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I think #2 might be a nice thing to have, but I'm not sure what it has
>>> to do with extensions.
>>
>> Agreed.  There might be some use for #4 in connection with extensions,
>> but I don't see that #2 is related.
>>
>> BTW, it appears to me that pg_read_file expects server encoding not
>> client encoding.  Minor detail only, but let's be clear what it is
>> we're talking about.

EXTENSION will use #2 with convert_from() for $4 like this:
 Datum sql = replace(               convert_from(pg_read_binary_file($path), $encoding),               '@extschema@',
$schema);SPI_exec(TextDatumGetCString(sql));

I think it is a more flexible solution than adding 'encoding'
parameter to pg_read_file().

--
Itagaki Takahiro