Re: git: uh-oh

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: git: uh-oh
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 3:23 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> The tip of every branch, and every single tag, all have the correct
> data in them, but some revisions in between seem majorly confused.

It seems to me that what we'll need to do here is write a script to
look through the CVS history of each file and make sure that the
versions of that file which appear on each branch match the revs in
CVS in content, order, and the commit message associated with any
changes.  However, that's not going to do get done today.

>>> It's too bad that nobody noticed this sooner, but I'm glad I noticed
>>> today rather than tomorrow.
>>
>> We're not going to start using the git repository until everyone is
>> satisfied it's OK, both as to current contents and history.

Duh.  But obviously no one's checked that carefully enough up until now.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company